Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Whosawhata's letters (Some weird english assignment that I have to finish in 20 mins)

Dear Brutus,
I fear that Caesar is becoming to ambitious, if he is loved by the people anymore than they already do, he may proclaim himself king. You are a person of high power and are respected by Caesar. I believe that you may be the one to step up as your ancestors did and ensure that Caesar does not rise to power. Caesar may appear a great ruler now, and I know you love him, but when faced with enough power even the best of us can become tyrants. Even if he is a good emperor at first, what if he becomes tired of Rome? What will happen to us then?
I do believe that if you were to rise up against Caesar and make your intentions clear, the people would follow you. The citizens are foolish people and will follow whoever the rulers tell them to. They will be sure to forget Caesar as quickly as they forgot Pompeii.
Think of what would happen to the republic if Caesar rose to power. What us romans have worked for centuries to develop would crumble in an instant. The people would lose all say whatsoever in what goes on. Caesar could make us all walk on our hands and eat out of troughs with the power of an emperor.
If not for us, or for yourself, do it for all of rome. You must rise up against Caesar for the good of the empire. Perhaps Cassius would be able to help you. I'm sure that you and I are not alone in our feelings about Caesar and many others would rise to aid you in your cause.

Afternote: Now please excuse me as I get ready for school. Be thankful that I chose to do your project first rather than the 5 other outstanding ones that will be left unfinished until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment